Professional development refers to many types of educational experiences related to an individual’s work.
Professionals and Employees in a wide variety of professions and businesses participate in professional development to learn and apply new knowledge and skills that will improve their performance on the job.
Why is it needed?
Technology and ideas are ever-growing, and course curriculum changes every few years. What software and approach were relevant in an industry before might not be the best suitable one after a few years and a new and better approach could have been taken. Policies change, regulations change and so does practices.
Why is it Important?
You pass university get a degree, get a job, Kudos!
Does the learning end there for you? No, not really if your aim is growth and being a leader in your industry. For that, it is vital that you have an effective training program that constantly upskills you and keeps you up to date in the industry.
In today’s world, the competition is so tough that if you don’t go through a professional development you can kiss your promotion dreams goodbye because someone else will be doing it for you.
Other benefits of Professional Development
- ensures your capabilities keep pace with the current standards of others in the same field.
- ensures that you maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills you need to deliver a professional service to your customers, clients and the community.
- ensures that you and your knowledge stay relevant and up to date. You are more aware of the changing trends and directions in your profession.
- can deliver a deeper understanding of what it means to be a professional, along with a greater appreciation of the implications and impacts of your work.
Professional Development Training at Companies
Some companies will want to upskill their staffs and like to keep them up to date so they might conduct time to time professional development programs for staff.
In a general practice, it can be a
– collaborative learning among members of a work team.
However, these are really short and benefits come from regular sessions.
Self Professional Development
Professional development can also be practised by professionals themselves as
- discussions among work colleagues,
- independent reading and research,
- observations of a colleague’s work,
- learning from a peer,
How to find the best PDT
A structured well-tailored PDT that you can exercise in your own time is the best way to go so it doesn’t affect your professional goals and interfere with your work schedules.
Professional Programs to Consider:
- Communication Strategies
- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Customer Service
- Leadership & Influence
- Sales Fundamentals
- Human Resource Management
- Time Management
At Think Academy of Business & Technology, we can provide you with a custom built PDT program to cater to your needs, the programs are easy to learn at your own pace.
Feel free to contact us to discuss your needs.