Recognised by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a rewarding career choice for individuals who are interested in childcare. This diploma will serve to impress potential employers on the level of training and study you have undertaken in the subject.
This course is designed for those who are interested in working with children and helping them have a great start in life. You will be taught to develop strategies that will provide a safe environment for children and maintain a healthy and caring setting that is also safe for them.
The Diploma in Childhood Education and Care CHC50121 will instruct you how to formulate and implement effective educational programs that will encourage learning and progress. It will also help you master the skills you need in order to nurture the well-rounded development of young children.
When you complete this diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will be deemed a qualified early childhood educator with competence and knowledge in all aspects of childhood development –aesthetic, creative, and physical. You will have training in first aid, safety concerns, and health and will be adept at planning for young children with special needs.
1. BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
2. CHCECE041 Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
3. CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing (Mandatory workplace requirement)
4. CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
5. CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
6. CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
7. CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
8. CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform children’s learning
9. CHCECE048 Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum (Mandatory workplace requirement)
10. CHCECE049 Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
11. CHCECE050 Work in partnership with children’s families
12. CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
13. BSBSTR501 Establish innovative work environments
14. CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
15. CHCINM002 Meet community information needs
TABT has carefully structured its Assessments to include a variety of formats which will enhance your understanding:
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification by TABT. If a student successfully completes the units of competency, they will receive a Statement of Attainment relating to the units completed.
Students have 12 months to complete this qualification. Students would expect to spend at least 16 study hours per week. During this period students shall be reading, conducting research, performing assessments and managing feedback.
It is expected that on average, students will have the following study load to complete this course:
280 Hrs of work placement
Face-to-Face or Distance Learning (Webinar)
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
If you live in Victoria you may be eligible for Victorian government funding for this course.
If you live in Victoria, are unemployed or currently 17 – 24 years old, you may be eligible for the Victorian Job Trainer program.
Leave your contact details and our course consultant will get back to you shortly.